Leaving UX for five months without driving when going south

Lexus Owners Club
This post was recognized by Lexus Owners Club!

RX400h was awarded the badge 'Great Support' and 30 points.

I believe your owner's manual should include advice about long periods without using your vehicle. If it were me, I'd do two things:

1. Purchase and pour a bottle of Stabil in your gas tank. This will prevent the gas from turning "sour" enough so that it will not be able to start your engine when you get back.

2. By a "Battery Tender" and connect it to your 12V battery before you leave. This device will keep your battery fully charged without overcharging it.

• Like 1

Yes, that will work, but I think I'll just remove the negative 12v battery cable from the 12v battery.

I have used Battery Tenders and they work well, but I have also had good luck by disconnecting the negative cable and then charging the 12v battery when I return.

Thanks for you ideas!

You're welcome. You will probably have to reset some things when you return but it looks like you already know what to expect. 👍

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

Hi Cambridgehank,  Did you ever find out that fuse they take out when shipping the cars?  I am planning to leave my cars for a month soon and want to "pull the fuse !!"  ...Thanks !