Platinum Series Fender Badge

TLDG

A quick search of this forum shows that this topic has been discussed before, but not for a while, and I would like to approach it from a perhaps a different angle.  I am referring to the little silver, one inch by three inch fender badge for the Lexus Platinum Series vehicles of the late 90's to early 2000's.  I would suspect that there are a number of Lexus owners whose cars had these badges on them and who, like myself, are searching for replacements because they have fallen off, been torn off by a car wash, or are missing because of body shop repairs.  I am considering having my car repainted, and would like to be able to put the fender badges back on.  The factory part has not been available for several years and other threads on this site suggest tring to find some in a salvage yard.  Has anyone attempted to have some new badges made?  My first thought was that perhaps a thophy shop might be able to reproduce them, but I have been unable to find a trophy shop that can do it.  The best they can do is to produce a flat metal plaques and not in the silver color of the originals.  Any insight on this would be appreciated.

• Like 1

The Platinum badges may be impossible to remove and reuse since they seem to get damaged when they are removed.  In around 2010 I watched a body shop employee remove and install several of them trying to get one lined up correctly on the 2000 LS400 I drove for many years.  The replacement badges were like peal-off stickers and somewhat different from the originals which were sort of set into a rubber or plastic underlay.

I suggest leaving the badges off.  You might be able to get new badges made by a jeweler that makes custom pieces but I suspect the cost would be very high - hundreds of dollars.

Who needs badges anyway?  I've sometimes removed exterior badges.

• Like 1

Another possibility is to have someone create the design and then have a custom metal label made with self-adhesive (for outdoor use).

Vistaprint and many other companies do this.

• Like 1