2004 LS430 Levinson Stereo - CD Changer Issue

Had not used the CD Player in a while.  Radio aa well as music played through a bluetooth adapter play as expected through the system.

However - the CDs are now playing through the right channel only.  Left channel appears to be dead.  Seems to me the amp is ok because the radio plays fine in both the right and left channels.

Has anyone experienced this?  Could it be a connection, or something in the CD Player itself?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/13/2022 at 8:36 PM, Birmingham AL said:

Had not used the CD Player in a while.  Radio aa well as music played through a bluetooth adapter play as expected through the system.

However - the CDs are now playing through the right channel only.  Left channel appears to be dead.  Seems to me the amp is ok because the radio plays fine in both the right and left channels.

Has anyone experienced this?  Could it be a connection, or something in the CD Player itself?

Thanks!

Took to local shop. Diagnosed bad preamp said best option is new unit. Will come with 1 year warranty for total just under $680. 

Not certain if “new” means new old stock or remanufactured but seems reasonable based on cost of remanufactured units with warranty that I see on line. 

Thoughts?

Will do. This shop actually could repair the unit If they could get the individual parts, but they are only available as part of a larger whole. They expect delivery within a week and I will post a follow up.