ABS activates when turning

On my LX470 when turning on a mountain grade the right front ABS activates when turning a hard left, and the left front ABS activates when turning a hard right curve.  It happens sporadically, but I can usually cause it to happen (if I try).  The ABS light doesn't come on but the traction light does.  The problem stops as soon as I straighten the wheels.  I've had it to 3 different mechanics but none can replicate the problem or figure out why this occurs.  Thanks for your thoughts on this matter

Thanks for the suggestion.  I'll check with my mechanic.  It is the front ABS that engage and only on hard turns. We did a front (and rear) brake job but the front calipers weren't available, so we did everything else.  Could the problem be as simple as replacing the front brake calipers?  Thanks!

Usually a problem with the calipers is evidenced by looking at the pads. For example, if one pad is more worn that the other or one side of the pad is more worn, the caliper slider pins may be sticking.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for your inputl  The tone wheel seems fine and the calipers don't seem to be bad

I am wondering if the problem is not the ABS system - the ABS light doesn't come on when it activates on a curve.  However, the Vehicle Stability Control (VSC) light and buzzer do active.  When the VSC light comes on, could this cause the ABS to activate on the effected wheel?  You can feel the ABS activate on the outside front wheel when turning.  In other words, the left front wheel ABS activates when turning a hard right.

Thanks for any thoughts you have.