2006 Lexus GX470 Blizzard Pearl Paint Peeling off of SUV!

Kim Woodruff

I have a BLIZZARD PEARL 2006 Lexus GX470 with 89K miles on it.  My car has been very well maintained and garage kept.  The paint has started to peel off the passenger door, the roof and the passenger back quarter panel.  Lexus WILL NOT DO ANYTHING TO RESOLVE THIS ISSUE!  The local Lexus dealership is trying to help.  I DO NOT UNDERSTAND WHY THIS WARRANTY EXTENSION CUTS OFF AT 2008!  LEXUS/TOYOTA KNOWS THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH THE PRIMER UNDER THIS PEARLIZED WHITE PAINT!  IT SHOULDN'T MATTER WHAT YEAR THE VEHICLE, IF IT HAS THAT PARTICULAR PAINT AND IT IS PEELING THAT IS THE MANUFACTURERS PROBLEM.  They say they only do the warranty extensions based on the VIN.  RIDICULOUS!  I HAVE OWNED LEXUS VEHICLES FOR 25 YEARS!  IF THIS IS HOW THEY TREAT THEIR CUSTOMERS THEN THEY SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF THEMSELVES.  Has anyone else had any luck getting this issue resolved through Lexus?

• Sad 1

• 4 months later...

I have a 2007 with paint peeling of all four doors under the windows.  I like my car and it would still look great except for the peeling paint.  My local dealer was no help.  Only went by VIN number and case closed.  I am warning anyone buying a used LexusGX470 to not buy a white one.  I am also disappointed in Lexus. 

• Like 1

There are many tens of thousands of Mazdas, Hondas, BMWs, Toyotas, and Nissans that have destroyed clear coat. Some are less than 10 years old. I know this is different type of problem but historically, if your car is 10+ years old, the dealership cannot cover paint repairs under any type of warranty.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Your post struck a nerve!  I have an '05 GX470 (Blizzard Pearl) that I have owned since 2007.  I have never had any of these sort of issues however, within the past year I have noticed little chipping and flaking on the doors as it connects to the silver liner of the window.  They are small but numerous.  But what is crazy is that I happened to wash my car by hand which I haven't down in years and as I got a ladder and started to do the roof, I was blown away as at least a 1/4 of the roof was flaked off and had large flakes that were still half attached and blowing in the wind!

I figured the dealer wouldn't help much and the only thing I have done so far is I ordered a few paint pens of Blizzard Pearl online.  I believe that this will help with the door chips but the roof flaking is way too large and not sure what to do there?  Any ideas out there?