2021 LS 500 problems - could it be a 'Covid Car'?

Bought a 2021 LS 500 last year and have 3 warranty items already at less than 6,000 miles. This is my 3rd LS - previous 2 were faultless, our LX was too.

1. Wrong tires - the Dunlop RFTs on my car are like boards - dealer says that Michelin RFTs work, Dunlops don't, so am I expected to pay $2k now to replace OEM tires with alternative OEM tires after less than <6k wear?

2. Central armrest loose - had to get new center console replacement parts to fix problem - only 90% fixed.

3. Secondary rattle from center console - after 4 days at the dealer they conclude "noise improved but still heard. No further repairs available"

So, I'm rapidly concluding that my car is a 'Covid build' where the factory shipped it with poor assembly (assembly Covid interrupted during build) and the only available tires.

So much not what I expect from Lexus - wonder if there will more and more Covid build issues with other models and marques...

Of all the Lexus models and years, only one model has had more than its share of issues - the LS500. Consumer Reports shows that the 2018 year is rated as "Much worse than average". There was not enough data from owner surveys for 2019-2021 but my opinion, based upon your experience and CR magazine is that this model from 2018 and on is not a good choice. There is a Lemon Law in California. You should look into it, as well as consider subscribing to Consumer Reports.

• 5 months later...
On 2/25/2022 at 6:44 PM, LukWyns said:

Bought a 2021 LS 500 last year and have 3 warranty items already at less than 6,000 miles. This is my 3rd LS - previous 2 were faultless, our LX was too.

1. Wrong tires - the Dunlop RFTs on my car are like boards - dealer says that Michelin RFTs work, Dunlops don't, so am I expected to pay $2k now to replace OEM tires with alternative OEM tires after less than <6k wear?

2. Central armrest loose - had to get new center console replacement parts to fix problem - only 90% fixed.

3. Secondary rattle from center console - after 4 days at the dealer they conclude "noise improved but still heard. No further repairs available"

So, I'm rapidly concluding that my car is a 'Covid build' where the factory shipped it with poor assembly (assembly Covid interrupted during build) and the only available tires.

So much not what I expect from Lexus - wonder if there will more and more Covid build issues with other models and marques...

What about the air conditioner? 

IS there a problem with the air conditioning system .  Sometime the passenger side does not work  We have also had he whole system not work  The other day two motors wee replaced and it worked.  Now with in a few days the passenger side is not working again.

There is not enough data for the 2019 and 2020 models but the 2018 model's "Climate system" is rated as average. All model years before that were either better than average or much better than average in that category.

Who replaced the motors?