Things I don't like!

Lexus Owners Club

• 2 months later...

I don't like/I hate wearing a suite. My funeral will be a casual wear-only event. 
Then again, I don't go grocery shopping in an old t-shirt and shorts, as many retired guys do. 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Lexus Owners Club said:

I don't like wearing all the protective clothing when I'm riding my motorcycle but wouldn't take a chance without it, nice in the winter but not in the summer 😞 

This partially why I gave up riding a motorcycle to focus on convertible sportscars in which I can drive with shorts and a tank top during Summer months.. 😏

• Like 2

9 hours ago, RX400h said:

This partially why I gave up riding a motorcycle to focus on convertible sportscars in which I can drive with shorts and a tank top during Summer months.. 😏

Yes I have a convertible also and that gets more use in the summer now

• Like 1

Not a fan of vertigo either. Drunk without the alcohol. But.... no hangover so there is that. 

And whoever invented covid 19.... I don't like that person. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
On 3/12/2022 at 12:39 PM, Bykfixer said:

Muscle cramps. 

I do not like muscle cramps. 

Only way to over that is to get fit. Real fit. It is easier to stay fit than to get fit.

Mountain bike from sea level to 2km up in the mountains and tired and warm, but when fit, no other issues.

image.thumb.png.5463d1bff3fd04a92c01d3e08d5585fa.png

• Like 1

On 3/20/2022 at 8:33 PM, RX400h said:

Ah, you played professional football far past your prime.😃
I have a brother-in-law who ran longer distances for many years. He had to have a hip replaced at the age of 60. There were too many miles on his odometer, also. While I ran long distance races in high school, I stopped after graduating. Even at 17 years of age I was getting shin splits and hip pain. 

I have 2 friends that have both been winning this race (not same year of course) one in the 222km and the other in the 333km edition. My friend that won the 222 was also first in the 333 races, but might have been eating something not good so he had to stop halfway.

https://www.trailrunmag.com/tag/la-ultra-the-high/

Now to the funny thing. One of them needed new hip and knee in the rather young age some 50 years and the other is still running like he was 25.

Density of our bones may be inherited or maybe depending on what we have been eating when young. My sister has extremely fragile bones that break when falling on the beach and I fall down from mountains and bikes and usually just get up and continue hoping nobody saw me being clumsy. So much for the inherited part of that.

On 5/8/2022 at 2:43 PM, Bykfixer said:

My GS don't like low octane fuel so it sits around more often due to the price of high octane fuel and I don't like that. I imagine folks in Europe are really feeling the pain at the pump lately. 

Should actually not answer in this forum as price for 98 octanes is around 1.40€ a litre (do your own math), where it is close to 50% higher most other places in Europe.

On 7/28/2022 at 12:32 PM, Bykfixer said:

I don't like mosquitos.
I suppose they serve a purpose besides being annoying but they are annoying and can help spread disease. 

When we were younger, we used to go to a lake where there were lot of them, having faces covered and arms free so they could bite and soon the arms were black from mosquitos. After 5 or a bit more minutes we dipped arms in water so they would fly away and covered the arms again and drove home. It was not nice the first couple of hours but the benefit is that the rest of summer mosquitos were no problem. Now that is very long ago, still many years (very many years) later I still have no problem with these little beasts.

On 5/29/2023 at 9:49 PM, RX400h said:

I don't like/I hate wearing a suite. My funeral will be a casual wear-only event. 
Then again, I don't go grocery shopping in an old t-shirt and shorts, as many retired guys do. 

Once having our Toyota 3L Targa to 2000km (1984 or 85) (only car I really disliked, no good and my own fault I bought it) service in a workshop near Puerto Banus (where all the rich hippies go) a rather young hippie came into the shop in torn shorts and funny looking t-shirt swinging his credit card and drove almost immediately out in a Maserati.

I do not go outside in shorts or t-shirt in daytime anymore since having had surgery for more than 6 skin cancer pieces and doctor told me if I want to live well, go out after sun is down.

Being in Southern California, I have to try hard to limit my sun exposure. That's why I bought a Schwinn stationary bike. On alternate days, my wife and I walk. Vitamin C is said to protect skin from UV rays, so I take a 500mg tablet, twice a day.

Having an MX5 Miata does expose me to sun, also but my rides are no more than 20 minutes. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, RX400h said:

Being in Southern California, I have to try hard to limit my sun exposure. That's why I bought a Schwinn stationary bike. On alternate days, my wife and I walk. Vitamin C is said to protect skin from UV rays, so I take a 500mg tablet, twice a day.

Having an MX5 Miata does expose me to sun, also but my rides are no more than 20 minutes. 

Around year 2000 Toyota told importer of the brand that new cars would have UV protection in their windows in order to prevent skin cancer for their customers.

2017 models still have only protection in the windshields. Just like most other car companies have had in their cars since 1990. Side windows are protected by glass and nothing else, meaning not at all.

Taxi and truck drivers are often having skin cancer in the hand near the side window (in UK right hand and US and here in left hand).

I had Llumar foil on all windows when we bought the car, except windshield (also sun roof window) and now a rather long time after still look like new. Scratch proof; installer showed me on a test window that scratching with a car key nothing happened to the foil. Have an UV detector and even when UV is 12 outside inside the foiled windows UV is 0.

Clear on the front doors and slightly tinted on rear windows - https://llumar.com/emea/en/automotive/window-tint/clear/

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, dcfish said:

I don't like all the useless tech on cars....

Which ones? I like radar cruise and backup alerts to cross traffic.

42 minutes ago, Lexus-CT said:

Around year 2000 Toyota told importer of the brand that new cars would have UV protection in their windows in order to prevent skin cancer for their customers.

2017 models still have only protection in the windshields. Just like most other car companies have had in their cars since 1990. Side windows are protected by glass and nothing else, meaning not at all.

Taxi and truck drivers are often having skin cancer in the hand near the side window (in UK right hand and US and here in left hand).

I had Llumar foil on all windows when we bought the car, except windshield (also sun roof window) and now a rather long time after still look like new. Scratch proof; installer showed me on a test window that scratching with a car key nothing happened to the foil. Have an UV detector and even when UV is 12 outside inside the foiled windows UV is 0.

Clear on the front doors and slightly tinted on rear windows - https://llumar.com/emea/en/automotive/window-tint/clear/

That's good to know, thanks!