Things I don't like!

Lexus Owners Club

My GS don't like low octane fuel so it sits around more often due to the price of high octane fuel and I don't like that. I imagine folks in Europe are really feeling the pain at the pump lately. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/9/2022 at 2:55 AM, Lexus Owners Club said:

It at almost $9.96 for a gallon at the moment 😞

Wow! And I thought $6.00/gallon was high!🙄

• Sad 1

Recently one of the hounds began to show serious leg issues. I thought it best to get him moving more as he had spent the last few months lounging in front of the tv. We'd work on that a little bit at a time 3x a day. 50 paces for a few days, then 60, 75……he was up to 100 one morning and all was well. He was happily engaging in his therapy. Then that evening he could not stand up. When he did manage to raise up to all four his rear legs were as stiff as a board. We took him to a to a doc who said it was only going to get worse, and fed him lasagne and cookies. So now he's in place lined with telephone poles and fire hydrants. 

Man, I hated it but could not stand to know his remaining time on earth would involve a painful existence. 

They say "all dogs go to Heaven"…… I feel confident our half lab/ half hound is in a much better place. We rescued him from a bad place when he was young about 10 years ago. And my life was happier with him in it. 

RIP Onyx. 

• Sad 1

I don't like sitting in my favorite lawn chair and hearing ripping sounds.

40144EAD-55E4-4A5F-B450-1C20AAAA61C8.thumb.jpeg.031e5591c5708c8df2c77939a5fbc747.jpeg

Uh oh! Stitching is failing……

As a bonus the joints were all assembled with pop rivets. Sigh! Oh well,  I'll just drill out the pop rivets, fix the stitches and reassemble with screws. 

On 5/31/2022 at 1:22 PM, Bykfixer said:

I don't like sitting in my favorite lawn chair and hearing ripping sounds.

Uh oh! Stitching is failing……

As a bonus the joints were all assembled with pop rivets. Sigh! Oh well,  I'll just drill out the pop rivets, fix the stitches and reassemble with screws. 

The things a man would do for his favorite chair 🙂

On 3/17/2022 at 2:33 PM, Bykfixer said:

One thing I don't like is the "princess and the pea" thing with my wallet.

I carry it in my back trouser pocket and if I add so much as a business card my cheek feels bruised for a few days. Remove some clutter and it feels like I'm sitting crooked for a few days. 

Can't say I like that. 

Today my boss issued a new fuel card for the work truck since the current one expires this month. I slid that thin little plastic card into my wallet but kept the current one in there. 

On the commute home I noticed my wallet was a noticeable lump and remembered that one extra card in it. I mean like half way home it bothered me enough to pull the wallet out of my pocket and toss it on the other seat. It's strange how that small change can seem so big. 

Tomorrow I'll activate the new card and cut up the current one after I make sure the new one works. With gas pushing $5/ gallon where I live that fuel card is like a pay raise. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I totally agree, they are my biggest hate but have found a product that has been around for decades but only just getting know for its mosquito repellant properties.
Avon 'Skin So Soft' which is a skin conditioning oil but over time people have found it works as an excellent repellant for the pesky critters.
Apparently the British Army have cottoned onto it and it is now becoming more well known 

• 1 month later...

When the pilot of my gas hot water tank goes out for no reason and refuses to relight. 
Ugh! I don't like that. 

It usually means it's dirty with soot. A long pipe cleaner does the trick but it's not on my list of fun things to do at 7am. When the Mrs says "no hot water", it pretty much means put down the coffee mug and pickup the plumbing tool kit. 

On 5/25/2022 at 4:52 AM, Bykfixer said:

Recently one of the hounds began to show serious leg issues. I thought it best to get him moving more as he had spent the last few months lounging in front of the tv. We'd work on that a little bit at a time 3x a day. 50 paces for a few days, then 60, 75……he was up to 100 one morning and all was well. He was happily engaging in his therapy. Then that evening he could not stand up. When he did manage to raise up to all four his rear legs were as stiff as a board. We took him to a to a doc who said it was only going to get worse, and fed him lasagne and cookies. So now he's in place lined with telephone poles and fire hydrants. 

Man, I hated it but could not stand to know his remaining time on earth would involve a painful existence. 

They say "all dogs go to Heaven"…… I feel confident our half lab/ half hound is in a much better place. We rescued him from a bad place when he was young about 10 years ago. And my life was happier with him in it. 

RIP Onyx. 

A couple of years ago, our dog's left leg would sometimes tremble. A year and some months later he stopped eating or vomited after doing so. His blood tests turned out good but an xray revealed massive stomach cancer. He was 11 years old - part lab/part some other breed with upright ears. The day I had to bring him in to be euthanized was one of the saddest days of my life.  I still don't know if any of the foods he ate caused the cancer. 

• Sad 1

There was a chart at my dad's dog's vet that showed age of a dog per year.  Little dogs like those lap dogs were 5 years for each of ours.  So a 14 year old chiuhuah for example would be like 70 years to our years.  

Big dogs were 9 years and up per year.  So our 12 year old lab was like being 108 of our years. My dad's dobey lived 11 and the vet said that was 2 years longer than usual.  We have a 13 year old half lab half dane so he's 2 or 3 past his expiration date, but don't tell him that. He thinks he's still 7. 😁

• 2 weeks later...