GS450H with startup issue.

Hello all, 

Newbie here. I am contemplating the purchase of a 2008 GS450H that can be considered a "mechanic special". The car has 127K, and the current owner had the engine and hybrid battery replaced. He said the replacement engine has 75K on it. He said that, after the engine and battery replacement, the car drove for a couple of days then stopped. All lights light up when the power button is hit but it will not start. He said the computer and some relays were replaced but to no avail. He ran out of money which is why he wants to get rid of the car. Note that this is what he said so take it for what it's worth. The car is in a shop and the shop owner believes there is a fuse that blew and needs to be replaced (he had a strong accent and was hard to understand) and he also thinks the computer needs to be programmed. 

I'd like to get some input from anyone who might have knowledge of these cars and what issues can arise. I do my own work and am not afraid of a challenge, but this is a pretty complex vehicle and electrical gremlins can be a $5 repair or a $5000 repair. Any advice/input would be greatly appreciated. 

To start, there is no $5 repair with a Lexus. But seriously folks, if this is going to be a daily driver then stay far far away from this one unless you have a reliable back up vehicle. 

If the computer is the correct model for that particular year/version it is already programmed. It's when folks install after market or modified type that need programming. 

If you can swing the cost of moving it to a mechanic you can trust via flatbed tow truck and are not in a hurry to get it running it might be worth while since afterall these are really nice cars. 

Me, personally after having my heart broken one too many times by somebody elses drama-queen automobile I'd avoid this one. 

I would have to wonder why the owner had the engine and battery replaced at 127K miles on the car. Also, it looks like he did not have the dealership do this work. If he didn't, it's no wonder there are so many issues. I agree with Mike - stay away from this one.