Ten beeps when unlocking

About 6 months ago I started getting TEN beeps, instead of two beeps when unlocking the car.  The Lexus dealer did a bit of head scratching, but passed it off as normal.

So....what's up with the ten beeps?

Google search : extra beeps unlocking Lexus.

Lots of people with that problem, Wayne. Some talk of sticking door actuators.  So not all doors locking or unlocking per the program.

I'm surprised that he didn't look at the computer and check the readout for an error code.  Either way It can't be normal.   Reason: the computer is monitoring / reacting to the process of unlocking the vehicle.  A programmer would never program the computer to arbitrarily decide to change the number of beeps because he feels like it.  It's the program telling you that something unexpected has occurred.

Lexus has access to computer flow charts that would tell them every reason for changing the number of beeps.  The hard part is getting them to take the complaint seriously and actually look it up.  It took Toyota about a year to research a problem where their manual was wrong (not updated when the model was updated).  As a result, me not being able to use a needed USB function. They sent me a nice check for the time and effort needed to find their error.

• 5 months later...

My 2017 RX 350 would beep 10 times when I unlocked the drivers side door. A while back I discovered the lock actuator on my passenger side rear door would stick about halfway down. So when I would leave my car and lock it with the fob or by touching the outside handle lock indent, the car seemed to lock fine. All four doors and tailgate did lock. Somehow, whenever the lock actuator didn’t engage and sink down fully (even though the door DID lock, the car detected it and would beep 10 times when I unlocked the door using the drivers side handle. It didn’t beep using the remote, BTW.

To fix it, go to the affending actuator and open the door, then push down the lock and then close the door. It usually then works until someone opens the door manually, then it starts again. 

• Like 1