2016 GX 460 Won’t Start

smithgae19

New to the forum so apologies if this has been discussed. My wife’s 2016 CPO GX 460 decided to not start today. Loud and continuous clicking sound, but engine not turning over. Electronics also seem to be a bit wonky. Took the battery in to a local shop and it tested fine, just low on charge. Hard to imagine it being the alternator or starter with only 56,000 miles. It is now cold here in Indiana and batteries hate the cold. I plan to call the dealer tomorrow and have it towed the 60 miles. Does anyone have any experience working with a dealer on CPO vehicles? I am relatively handy and would hate to have it towed to the dealer and get slapped with a bill for a minor fix/tow for something not covered. Thanks!

So did the shop charge the battery? What happened when you put it back? Did your vehicle start? You can test voltage at the battery while your vehicle is running. I believe that if the alternator is bad your multimeter will show less than 13 volts or so.

• Like 1