HELP NEEDED WITH STEERING WHEEL

JOHN R MYERS

I GOT IN THE CAR ONE DAY, STARTED THE VEHICLE AND THE LAST SETTINGS I HAD STARTED TO MOVE.(SEATS---MIRRORS---ETC), HOWEVER, THE STEERING WHEEL WENT TO THE FULL UP POSITION AND REFUSED TO MOVE FROM THAT FULL UP POSITION. 😫  JOHN

On 11/22/2021 at 6:29 PM, RX400h said:

John, how often was the steering wheel position changed? I'm curious.

VERY SELDOM, IF EVER----WITH THE EXCEPTION OF EACH TIME I START THE CAR. THEN EVERYTHING RETURNS TO MY SELECTED POSITIONS.  JOHN

When I bought my new 2001 Corvette, the driver's seat would automatically move all the way back and the steering wheel, all the way up. I disabled that feature because I knew that eventually the motors would wear out. With our Lexus, the dealership had to turn off features that we didn't want to activate, automatically. Maybe the dealership can do this for you. It could be that the steering wheel is not receiving a signal to go back to its set position. However, since the person in the above video had to replace the motor, there is a chance that yours is simply worn out.