No power to rear running lights

bosundave

1998 SC300

I can NOT find the thread. But I read that there is some $100 (used) module in the drivers kick panel that can fail, especially if you add all LED lights to your interior and trunk. I did a few months ago.  Shortly after I lost power to my running lights only. Brake lights and turn signals are fine.

There is a module in the trunk, but that is just to power your fault codes for burnt out bulbs. All my bulbs are fine. My fuse is fine. Changed the fuse just in case. Still no power to tail lights.

Pretty sure the module I need replacing is in the kick panel. I recall it looked like much more than a simple relay. I unwisely did not bookmark the thread. Not even sure which forum it was on.

Cant fix the issue. Need help. I drive at night a lot. Surprised I have not been pulled over yet. Other motorists try to alert me all the time. I need to fix this issue. Please help. I am handy, just need the right directions.

• 2 months later...