Lexus Hids In A 98 Es300

Just finished putting HIDs in my 1998 ES300 tonight. They look incredible, and they light the road up unbelievably. I purchased used LEXUS Ballasts from a friend who got them off a 2002 IS300, and purchased some Philips D2S 4100k bulbs from E-Bay. I definately recommend this mod for anyone that feels that the stock halogens just aren't cutting it. They are not a direct connect, but they are easily wired to our existing low beam wiring. All you have to do is match the colors from the ballast wires to the low beam wires (red--> red ; black--> black).

I didn't bother to get the 2001 ES300 HID Headlight housings because they are also relector headlights, so i mounted these bulbs into my low beam hole with H7 adapter rings i purchased on e-bay made specifically for this purpose.

If anyone decides to do this mod and needs help - feel free to e-mail me with any of your questions

I didn't bother to get the 2001 ES300 HID Headlight housings because they are also relector headlights

I don't know about the ES but the GS housings are also reflectors. BUT the reflector pattern is different for the HID and non-HID housings. The HID pattern helps to focus the HID light better to minimize the glare to oncoming traffic. Usually on non-HID housings, you'd have to adjust the light down a bit to minimize glare but the cutoff won't be as good as the HID housings.

Just finished putting HIDs in my 1998 ES300 tonight. They look incredible, and they light the road up unbelievably. I purchased used LEXUS Ballasts from a friend who got them off a 2002 IS300, and purchased some Philips D2S 4100k bulbs from E-Bay. I definately recommend this mod for anyone that feels that the stock halogens just aren't cutting it. They are not a direct connect, but they are easily wired to our existing low beam wiring. All you have to do is match the colors from the ballast wires to the low beam wires (red--> red ; black--> black).

I didn't bother to get the 2001 ES300 HID Headlight housings because they are also relector headlights, so i mounted these bulbs into my low beam hole with H7 adapter rings i purchased on e-bay made specifically for this purpose.

If anyone decides to do this mod and needs help - feel free to e-mail me with any of your questions

the 01 headlights are made for HID and thats why they have a certain reflector on there.. hows the beam pattern on your car?

I would like to see some pictures of this...how much was this altogether?

In total - all pieces shipped to my door I spent $300 off of e-bay sellers.

It is definately worth the added visibility you get.

I'll try and take some pix this weekend withmy friend who has a 97 ES300, so you can see the beam pattern, cutoff line, and increased visibility in side-by-side pictures.

Yes, those pics would be greatly appreciated. I'd like to do the same conversion on my Dad's ES300 & RX300, but my main worry is that the beam won't be cut off, and he will blind oncoming drivers.

As a side note, does anyone know where I can get a decent price on the headlight housings for the above two cars?

thanks,

Clarence

• 1 month later...

98OysterES300, did you forget to post up pics of your HID install? ;) I'm curious to see the HID setup in your ES too :D

cc///m3, are you looking for the factory-HID headlamp housings for the ES and RX? If so, good luck in finding them as they are apparently not a common item to buy/sell/trade online or locally. You may be talking about $1,000 for each headlamp housing when ordered from the Lexus parts dept :whistles: