sc400 can't open door from inside or outside

califo1

Maybe worth trying locking and unlocking as many times as possible to see if it will eventually unlock.
if not, then it should be possible to remove the doorcard from inside with little or no damage, depending on how adept or heavy handed you are 馃檪

If you manage to get the door card off, please be careful to disconnect the battery before you stick your hand into the guts of the door. 聽It is possible to trigger the window operation while your hand is inside, and you can be trapped and severely injured if that happens. Sad to say, but this will likely require cutting open the door from the outside to get the door open. 聽

• 3 months later...

Almost certainly it is the linkage which is a small piece of brittle plastic that snaps down over the linkage rod.

See my earlier posts from 2011 about the issues with door panels and brittle plastic.. I ended up fiberglass repairing my door panel. A simple job of replacing the linkage connector turned into a MAJOR rebuild job. I think I may still have an old actuator and the linkage if you get that far. The biggest problem is that the door panel cannot be removed unless the door is opened! I got lucky and managed to get it to open after repeatedly trying the handle.. I'd hate to think about cutting the door open from the outside.聽 I was lucky enough back in 2011 to find a replacement door panel and went in from the inside..

An older post:

Another thought; get a locksmith to get the door open. Make sure it doesnt shut afterward til you get the actuator/linkage issue fixed.. A lot cheaper than having the door destroyed. Locksmiths have a lot of tricks to use..