My 2013 gs350 has AFS according to the original window sticker that was in the glovebox when I purchased it and there is an AFS on/off button under the steering column near the foot well.  I also had a minor fender bender where a body shop had to replace the drivers side headlight and replaced it with an AFS light (I know because they had to get approval from my insurance company) so I'm quite sure the car came equipped with the AFS system. I have had the AFS switch in both positions and have noticed absolutely no change in the headlights.  They do not turn raise up or down or do anything whatsoever.  There are no warning lights/messages on the display.

I was wondering if anyone else had this problem and knows how to fix it. 

Thanks Bykfixer, that didn't address the issue.  These were instructions for an RX.  I don't have those options.  The RX has the ability to go through the display menu to turn off AFS but the GS does not.  All I ever found online for the GS was the simple on/off button under the dash.