AC/heater blower removal.

Hi,

I tried to remove my 2009 Lexus RX350 AC/heater blower but I could not take it out after unscrewing the 3 screws holding the blower since there is an air duct under the blower that blocks part of the blower. Leaving not much room for me to take it out. Does anyone ever removed one. Please share your trick. I appreciate very much.

In this video at 3:12 the mechanic mentions that there is one screw that needs to be removed from the duct so you can pull it down just enough to remove the blower.

On 10/18/2021 at 8:22 PM, RX400h said:

👍 Hi RX400h

I finally found the hidden screw at the side of the duct in between the duct and the blower motor housing. This screw secured the duct through a tab to the motor housing I guess. Once the screw removed, I could easily sway the duct to make room for the blower to fall down. It was way easier than I'd thought. 

Thanks again for the video.

Thanks RX400h for the video. Hopefully I I'll be able to find the screw that holds the duct tommorow.