Ps Pump Question

hey do any of you know of a power steering pump rebuild kit available from the dealer. i just called and they said they dont have. and i am sure that there is one that exists because there are rebuild specs on the manual.

thanks -z30

The rebuilb kit is $35, this is not simple job. I do a lot of them but sometimes I have some come back. You will need a part washer and all kind of tools to do it. Better off buying a new one.

JPI

awj: on an island where you can drive edge to edge with an hour(with no trafic) there is only one lexus dealer :lol: along with only 1 everything of luxury auto dealers.

jpi: could you possibly give me a part number and dont wory im not your average mechanic kid, and i got a parts washer too!

Didn't realize you had to buy it locally. I always ship parts. The nearest dealer to me is over an hour away. Not that I use the dealer for anything. Of course I also have a sandblaster, hydraulic press and end mill all at my disposal as well as anything else I might need.

z30--

i did the seal repair last month.

here are the part #'s for '93 sc400, not sure if same for your car:

gasket repair kit................................L04446-24012.....$23.52

copper gasket(hi press side)...............L44327-26020...$1.70

i hate to be so stupid here but why do i have the orange squares

and the warning 0% stuff in my logo box.

what does it mean.. did i abuse language or is it bcause i recommended an outlet where i buy my lexus parts.

if it is ok to give lexus parts info..address, pH#, and sales person to

contact i can give you this info.

i dont want to break any established rules.

altho it took me a long time, the repair went smoothly.

hope this helps and of course have your vin # at hand when you

order parts.

lexie

yea i have a mill and lathe too i am looking in to a sand blaster and a press but the shop that i always go to and weld for lets me use their stuff so i dont see the immediate need. i also make small things for them or modify small parts for them. so its kind of a trade off.

and thanks awj, jpi, and lexie i will try and convince them that the kit exists with these part numbers you gave me.

oh yea that box on that side of your screen is your warning level. if you say or do things that the moderator dont like or that are against the rules there will be warning levels posted. and apparently you can only see your own. i have one but i cant see anyone elses. and your at 0% so no worries there.