Maintenance Service at Toyota Dealership

H.M. Arif

Hello guys,

I need your help and advice one more time. My 2017 Lexus RX350 is due for its 5k maintenance service. I bought the car when it was 31k, now the mileage is 36k and I see the message on the dashboard that required maintenance soon. I live in a town where there is no Lexus dealership, the closest one is 90 miles from me. But there is a Toyota dealership in my town. Just wondering if I can take my RX350 to the Toyota dealership for this maintenance service. If yes, what would be the advantage and disadvantages? Thank you!

For regular oil changes and maintenance all Toyota dealerships should take you in and they use the same filters and oil. Any warranty work will likely need to go to a Lexus dealer though.

• Thanks 1

Are you able to reset the maintenance service light? I had a Toyota dealership change the sparkplugs and they saved me hundreds of dollars. All regular maintenance work is done by myself, after which I reset the oil change interval light.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, RX400h said:

Are you able to reset the maintenance service light? I had a Toyota dealership change the sparkplugs and they saved me hundreds of dollars. All regular maintenance work is done by myself, after which I reset the oil change interval light.

Thank you so much for the tip. I will start learning some skills in this regard.