Cold Start Injector 93 Ls400

ghattox

i cannot find my cold start injector i took off the intake and i couldnt find it any where i looked in the air plenem and i think the cold start sensor has to be the problem

the car wouldnt start when it was below 65 degrees for a while but now it wont start at all so please help i need all the advice i can get

thanx tim hattox

Tim,

I have read posts several times where folks talk about a "cold start injector" and my 93 LS shop manual makes NO mention of such a component in the fuel injection system or of a "cold start" sensor, per se. You haven't given near enough info to have anyone help you with your problem. Does the engine crank over but just won't fire? Is your fuel pressure up to par? Is your ignition system operational? There are many, many different possibilites that could cause your engine not to start, you will have to determine if you have a fuel delivery problem or an ignition problem, etc. You have a real need for a shop manual to help you with your problem.

Tks, Curt, I thought I was the only one who did NOT have a cold start injector !!!!

I have had many BMW's and that is what they have--I knew I didn't have one, the shop manuals confirmed it ; but so many posted about it--I began to think it must have been an option......

Tim,

There is no cold start injector on this car. What make you think it's the cold start injector? Does your car crank over at all? I would go ahead and check all the basic stuffs first. Battery, starter, fuses, relays. Four things needed to run the car: compression, spark, fuel and air. Give me some more details and I will walk you through the steps.

JPI