after-market entertainment system

I just purchased a 2012 LS460 and I want to update the infotainment system. I'm looking for a system with bluetooth, and all the other bells & whistles!

Has anyone done this and what success did you have? What brand/make/model should I stay away from? Thanks!

Have you checked out www.crutchfield.com ?

They are amazingly helpful when it comes to aftermarket audio and audio/visual equipment. And their installation instructions are excellent.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I am with you on seeking an updated replacement.  I really like my LS460.  The two things that keep it from being my lifetime car are lack of adaptive cruise control and no apple carplay support.  If you are successful in the latter, please post here. I will do likewise.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I have a long and deep history installing and modifying stereos in cars.  If you have the Mark Levinson sound system, trust me that you you do not want to modify it much - it is excellent as far as stock stereos go. 

The possible exception may be the source itself.  I have opted to add streaming bluetooth by adding a BT45-TOY module ($150 from amazon).  It works very well.  If you are swapping out the in-dash unit and sending signal level sound to the stock amplifier, that would be the more in-depth yet good solution.

The Mark Levinson speakers and amplifier should be left alone at all cost - they are very very good.