Gs300 Spoiler

:cries: I installed the spoiler I got from ebay and wired it as instructed. After a few weeks, the brake light fuse popped which in turn activated my SRS and ABS warning lights on. I replaced the fuse but a few days later popped again. I suspected that the spoiler overloaded the system so I upgraded the fuse from 15amps to 25amps to compensate for the extra load but the fuse popped again. I tried to disconnect the built-in third light to minimize the load but the back light indicator warning light came on (annoying!). Is there any way to effectively rig the spoiler, disable the third light and not get the annoying warning light?

• 4 weeks later...

Where did you tap into the wires to hook up your LED brake light? If the fuse is breaking then that means there is a short or something. I doubt that the LEDs are drawing too much current to pop the fuses.

I am having the same problem. I took out all the bulbs from the third brake light and tapped into the positive and negative wires. The spoiler now works, but the brake light out warning light stays on. Now there is also a clicking sound coming from under the shift knob that clicks if I press the brake when in park. I took the console off and noticed that the clicking sound is coming from a white switch thing on the right side of the shifter that moves up and down when you press the brake.

Back to the warning light. I am pretty sure that it has something to do with the third wire that is connected to the third brake light that most likely detects if a bulb goes out. This wire I am talking about was not tapped. Does anyone know how to fix it so the warning light does not come on?

I tried all of that but nothing seem to work. I even took out the padding on the trunk and discovered an extra two-prong connector thinking that was meant for the OEM spoiler but that did not work either. I suppose the computer is programmed to sense a change in the original amperage to make the warning lights come on. By the way, the clicking sound coming from your stick knob is a safety lock that keeps you from shifting unless you step on the brakes. Normally, the clicking is not very audible. For now, I have my spoiler disconnected until I figure what exactly what to do. Let's hope somebody out there knows something we don't...

I installed aftermarket spoiler (oem style) 2 mos ago and:

I tapped into two prong connector in trunk lid and it works fine.

I have disconnected oem 3rd brake light on rear deck and also have warning light.

Warning light is as a result of system sensing a voltage drop, same as if you blew a bulb.

I am told that installing a capacitor in the line that supplies to oem 3rd brake light will correct this but thats as far as I got. I dont know what type of capacitor to install or on which wire etc.

If anyone knows specs on capacitor, I'm all ears