Should I use dino oil, synthetic blend, or full synthetic?

I just had my 5000 mile service done at the local dealer which included doing an oil and filter change. Before taking it in I read through the owners manual but I couldn't find anything specific to what kind of oil to use, only that it's 5w30 and has to meet GF-5 standard. However, the recommended 5000 mile oil change interval seems most appropriate for dino oil and I noticed that the dealer used a synthetic blend. Since our LC is only used for short trips and around town I'll probably stay with the 5000 service interval and synthetic blend even though I'm partial to full synthetic oil but I could be persuaded to switch to dino oil or full synthetic if given a good reason. I wouldn't say that cost is of no concern because it is somewhat, but the overriding concern is what's best for the engine. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? What kind of oil do you use?

Thanks!

The advantage of synthetic oil is that it takes longer for it to get to a point when it needs to be changed (assuming the oil filter can filter effectively for that period of time. However, the algorithm setting that determines oil change intervals based upon your driving habits may very well be "assuming" that you are using OEM oil. Are you using this algorithm to alert you? Short trips may be insufficient to allow for removal of moisture in the oil, and the result may very well be shorter maintenance intervals.
 If you are using a mileage-only based schedule then I believe it would probably be beneficial to drive at least 30 miles (depending upon ambient temperature) one or more times per week. V8 engine oil temperature tends to take longer to get up to operating temperature compared to that of smaller engines.

I am a fan of synthetic oil and use it in all our vehicles. Way back in the late 90s or earlier, GM used Mobil 1 synthetic oil as factory fill in all their Corvettes. 

I get what you're saying about getting the oil up to temperature. That said there are three things surprised me about my visit to the dealership for the oil change. First I was a little surprised that the owners manual didn't go into much detail regarding the oil. Other than the usual charts use to account for extremely high and extremely low ambient temps about all it says is to use "Genuine Toyota" oil 5w30 GF-5 spec for normal ambient temps. Nothing about whether to use dino or synthetic and nothing about which category the "Toyota" oil falls into. Then at the dealer I was surprised to find that they don't use Genuine Toyota oil at all...at least they didn't call it that. They used Kendall synthetic blend. Then surprise #3 was the service advisor said that "they", presumably Toyota, does not recommend using synthetic engine oil in any of their V8 engines. I'm tempted to call bull s**t on that last one.

I can live with the Kendall synthetic blend for now, especially since the first oil change was gratis courtesy of Lexus. I was thinking about switching to Mobil 1 full synthetic at the 10k service but obviously I wouldn't want to do that if indeed Toyota recommended against it. My guess is that synthetic blend is what they sell and therefore that's what they want you to purchase but I thought I'd toss it out here to see if anyone else had run into anything like that. Assuming that I do switch to full synthetic I'll have to find out if the dealership will let me provide my own oil.

Just fyi they quoted me $109 for an oil change (using the Kendall synthetic blend of course) which I didn't think was too bad considering that it takes 9.1 quarts. At one point in time I considered doing my own oil changes since I do all my other vehicles myself, but this car is so low to the ground that getting under it is too much hassle and little dangerous so to the dealership it'll go.

On a side note my wife and I really love this car. Actually its her car and she drives it 99% of the time but on the occasions that I get to drive it it reminds me of why I like cars. Ohhh that sound!! Even wifey cant' help but get on the loud pedal from time to time! I almost never see another one so it's high on the exclusivity scale and it never fails to get a lot of looks in traffic. Even soccer moms at the grocery store stop will give it compliments. I have no idea what the depreciation is going to be like but it's such a beautiful design that I can't help but think that it'll hold its value reasonably well. I'm a buy and hold kind of guy so I expect we'll keep this one for a long time. 

Everett, I am curious as to what your owner's manual includes about the oil specification. With that in your hand, you may want to call Mobil about whether their Mobil 1 meets all specifications required by Lexus. $109 is not bad for a change requiring that many quarts.
When I had my 2001 Corvette that I had lowered by turning some factory screws (That was easy!), I made some 6x6 planks in the shape of front and rear ramps. I was then able to get the car up high enough to role the hydraulic floor jack underneath the front, first (under which I placed Rhino ramps) and then the rear where I placed jack stands.
I had to have the car level because of where the drain plug was positioned.
 For my current cars (both lowered) I use either Rhino ramps (Miata) or steel ramps with extensions (Mazda3). 
I'm glad to see that you're enjoying your LC. It is amazing.

Have you seen my review of the rented LC500 I had for 24 hours? Needless to say, I had a great time with it. 
My future sportscar upgrade may be:
LC500 or 500h
Lotus Emira with Toyota supercharged V6 2022 Lotus Emira Prices, Reviews, and Pictures | Edmunds
Supercharged Mazda MX5 ND

Decisions decisions.....

Dave

I read your post where you rented the LC500 and I really liked your comments. I can see where the seats in the LC aren't for everyone, ie not too short, not too tall, and not too wide, but fortunately they fit me perfectly. We haven't taken any long trips in ours yet (heck we haven't even driven it in the rain yet!) but so far my impression is that it's a great Grand Tourer and I suspect the h-model would be even better as a practical daily driver. The Lotus would definitely be a fun car. I think I read somewhere that this Emira will be the last Lotus with an ICE so it may have the added advantage of becoming collectible someday.

Regarding the oil dilemma, I just noticed that Mobil 1 synthetic 5w30 is GF-6A spec. According to the Mobil 1 website it's fully backward compatible with GF-5. Just to be sure I'll keep poking around on the internet to see what other LC owners are doing.

Here's the Mobil 1 link: https://www.mobil.com/en/lubricants/about-us/mobil-1/mobil-1-modern-engines/ilsac-gf-6

Actually, I loved the LC500 seats. It was the McLaren 570S Spider seats that injected lower back pain after a 20+ minute drive on the highway.
Other comfortable seats were in the 2017 Jaguar F-Sport and the 2014 Corvette Coupe. The BMW i8's seats were not bad at all. However, that car would not be suitable or someone who is out of shape, since you must drop into the seat and climb out when you exit. It was no problem for me, fortunately.

Mobil 1 link: Interesting. I was not aware of LSPI (Low Speed Pre Ignition) with turbocharged engines. My guess is that you'll be fine with this although you are certainly doing the right thing by investigating further.