Buyers Remorse

JAL14

I recently purchased a Lexus Rx350 and I totally regret it!  I have had nothing but problems with the acceleration and although all the technicians that have driven the car agree there is something wrong, they can't do anything to fix it.  I was told that until enough customers complain, there won't be a software fix.  C'mon Lexus! 60K car and it drives like crap!  Sadly disappointed and first and last time Lexus buyer!

Did you take another 2021 RX350 for a drive to compare? Consumer reports rates the RX350 at the very top of its non-hybrid list.

2 row SUV ratings.jpg

Moved to the RX section where more potential buyers/viewers can see this one. 

I had an issue with another brand of vehicle that technicians worked on and replaced thousands of $ in parts (if I was paying). Since it was still under warranty it was on their dime. 

Turns out it was a loose wire that had not been crimped properly and was found by "the rookie" whose dad was a mechanic and taught him how to look for signs a computer would not find. 

Those guys have a million billion $ of diagnostic equipment but a simple issue is beyond most "technicians" grasp anymore. It's like nobody can do a long division math problem anymore simply because a computer does it for us. (shaking head back n forth). 

Another issue plaguing modern vehicles is the drivetrain is run by a computer. Example is you push on the accelarator and the computer is trying to achieve government mandated fuel mileage. For some drivers it works flawlessly. For some drivers, their natual accelaration habits and the computer just does not play nice together. Erratic shifting, stalling, and just down right ridiculous issues occur.

When it was all mechanical things were great. But nowdays a computer is trying to predict too much for things to always go well. As soon as the computer thinks "hey it's Dave driving" and attempts to predict ole Dave's light foot or lead foot habits and Dave places his foot 3/4 of an inch left of the usual spot on the pedal…… uh oh, it aint Dave, what to do, what to do……

That same brand vehicle mentioned with the loose wire has a terrible shifting issue at times. "WHAM" it slams into 3rd or 5th or both. After the tranny was reprogrammed the third time the technician told me "it boils down to this tranny is no longer programmed to smooth shift then focus on mpg, it focuses on mpg then smooth shifting". In other words "live with it daddy-o". If I drive it like a crazy man, 0-60 in 4 seconds it shifts great. But to putt around town in Sunday driver/retired old guy mode? Oh it's awful.