What wheels will work well on a 1998 Lexus LS400?

JadeLS

Hey everyone, this is my first post on this forum, so please forgive me if I say something incorrect.

I just purchased my first car which is a 1998 LS 400 in jade green, and I was hoping to get some insight on picking a decent set of wheels. I don't have a massive budget, so I am currently looking at some AVID1 AV-06's in bronze. I was hoping to run a staggered setup where the fronts are 18x8.5 with a 35 mm offset, and the rears are 18x9.5 with a 32 mm offset. I also have no plans to mess with the suspension components, as the car rides like a cloud. This is my first time purchasing any set of wheels for a vehicle, so I am not quite sure if these are too large for the car, or even if there is too much offset, causing them to stick out of the wheel well too far. Any help would be appreciated!

• 2 weeks later...

Those offsets are not really the determining factor so they won't necessarily make the wheels poke out. You have to determine if the the wheels are low, medium or high disk which will then determine if they will even clear the front brake calipers.

You might try Tire Rack or similar web sites.  They usually have stock, +1, +2, etc. wheel sizes listed.  This will give you an idea of what fits and what doesn't on a stock suspension car.

• 7 months later...

Hey Jade how did the wheels end up? I’m currently trying to get a pair of VORs AR5 18x8.5 35 fronts 18x9.5 30 rears. My main concern is not clearing the front brakes. Anyone have more experience with this? 🙂 

thanks

I found this and it was somewhat helpful. 

Would wheel spacers theoretically remedy front wheels that don’t clear brakes?

https://www.vorswheels.com/collections/wheels/products/ar5?variant=41253836062908

Edited by 97Coach
More info