dealer or factory fraud?

DLC

After a scratch, I discovered that my Lexus ES 350 purchased as a new car in August 2020 from Lexus of Cerritos (AutoNation) had a lot of Bondo filler above the back wheel and on the back door.  The Lexus App (which includes service prior to purchase) reveals no repairs.  Any knowledge of issues at the factory (the pre-inspection was Nov 2019)?   Or is this just run of the mill dealer fraud?

20210707_171643.jpg

IMG-0116.jpg

What do you mean by "Purchased as a new car" ? Either the car was new or it wasn't...If the dealer sold this as new I would be at there door step with my lawyer. Let us know the updates please.

dc back in '98 I was about to buy a new 96 thunderbird. It was untitled even though it was two years old. As in it had never been sold. I opted instead for a 95 Ford Ranger because at the time that was more practical. 

In other words if the car above was built in 11/19 it could have easily sat unsold until 8/20. Perhaps it was a "program" car that got dinged and an unscrupulous dealer passed it off as a "great deal" to an unknowing other dealer saying they just wanted to clear their lot of new/old stock. 

Or perhaps Lexus of Cerritos sucks!! 

Now looking at the photo above I'd call that a dent not a scratch. 

• 1 month later...

I bought a 2017 ES350 three month's ago from Carmax. It had 18,000 miles, lease turn in from Miami. The tires had 5/32's. They were correctly dated but I'm pretty sure they were swapped out at the dealership before the car went to auction.