Tints For Windows

Hi yall,

i thought you guys can help alittle!

I have a SILVER 98 GS300 that need tint...now i know the law in my state is 35% BUT...i need nice tint!!

NOW one question is on the new 2004 Nissan Altimas some have tint (i saw a silver one) but does anyone know that % of tint that comes with that car? it "SEEMS" pretty dark...but i'm not 2 sure!!

now can some one tell me a nice percentage to go with for my car?? (not toooooo dark, but i dont really want to be seen that well either)

Please any help will be usefull,,, i did read old post but i needed to create my own soo i can ask questions because most post were too old!!

P.s. i need to tint by the ebnd of this week.. so please help asap!!

Thanks......

:o see that is nice...i like it...I WANT IT....BUT 35% is legal here and thats it...should i do it anyway...HUH this sucks!!!

What are the chances of me going through problems wih that tint % ?

Thanks..Nice Pic B)

Where are you from?? I have 20% all around my GS, and I'm in CT.. I haven't gotten pulled yet for having the windows too dark.. All you have to do is keep your sunroof opened so the sunlight comes through and it looks like the front is lighter than the rear.. That's what I do.. I have a guy who I refer everyone to and he's definitely the best around.. SO if your interested let me know and I'll shoot you his number..

Rezax_side_2.jpg

I have 20% in the rear 5 windows and 50% in the front 2. I've had darker tints on other cars but they create lots of relfections at night and make visibilty poor (IMHO). The rear is dark enough that the fronts seem darker than 50% when viewed with the light/sun behind you. Plus, the factory windows have some tint to them in most cases, making actual %'s slightly "lower." The Sunroof trick mentioned by MrSypher is a good one when you have to slide up next to Johnny Law (or he to you). I have bronze tint, but you get the idea. This picture was taken with the California Sun coming full through the front windshield. Good luck!

L_Rear_tips.sized.jpg

I have the legal 35% all around. I have had several shades darker in the past, but I am quite happy with this. No problem from the boys during the day, but you really gotta look hard to see what's going on in the car and at night it's like limo tint...

I would really like to post some pics to show but...aw :censored: , how do you post pics on here? :wacko: :( :blushing: :D

I have the legal 35% all around. I have had several shades darker in the past, but I am quite happy with this. No problem from the boys during the day, but you really gotta look hard to see what's going on in the car and at night it's like limo tint...

I would really like to post some pics to show but...aw :censored: , how do you post pics on here? :wacko: :( :blushing: :D

Here, this is what you do.. Go the the "Gallery" load your pics in the right category.. Then after you load them click on the pic to enlarge it.. After you do that right click and go to "Properties", copy the properties then go to the thread.. After you write your reply click on the "IMG" box above (it's between http:// and @) then paste the properties from the pic that you just copied, then click "OK".. That's all you have to do..

Does any one have 35% front and 18% or 20% back i think thats what i want to go with but i would like to see it first if possible! :D

Can anyone give me some input on how you THINK this will look??

It looks okay, but if you do that you'll see the breakup between the 2 different shades.. On a past car of mine I had 35% up front and 20% in the rear and the breakup was very noticeable.. So that's why I opted for one shade all around.. If your worried about the police you can always tint the rear window 20%, the side windows 35% and a strip of 35% on the windshield.. Having the rear window darker and that strip on the front it will darken the inside of the car and it will give a darker appearance from the sides.. Also, what color is your interior?? Because if you have a dark interior that will also make it seem as though the tint is darker than it really is..

my inside is grey and my out side is silver, what will be a shade difference from 35% i think you said a shade down.....what percent is that.... so how about 35%front 22% all around is that much difference ???? i dont know :(

I was just quoted $165.00 for window tint, is that a good price?

the tint is guaranteed for 20yrs. wowwwwwwwwwwwwww

Go for it.. In the city you can have it done for $125. but I pay'd $250. you get what you pay for, and just make sure they do a good job..

my inside is grey and my out side is silver, what will be a shade difference from 35% i think you said a shade down.....what percent is that.... so how about 35%front 22% all around is that much difference ???? i dont know :(

If you know of a shop around you where you'll get it done at just drive over there and check out what they have to offer.. Because different shops will carry different tints and it'll most likely depend on who makes what.. Have the guy show you the different %'s on your car and just see what fits you best.. Who knows maybe you'll find something totally different that you'll like.. But keep us post'd I'd like to see what you do.. Takecare.

I just yesterday had my ls400 done (no pix yet). I did 20% back, 20% front & 10% rear side, car is the dark green with tan leather, can't really see much diff from the outside, but inside the back seat is for sure darker. I wanted it that way because I frequently travel round trip 8 hours with kids in the back seat & summer time, well you know... It cost me $159 to have the diamond (brand) tint put on, but the bummer was the $100 to REMOVE the bronze tint that was there :wacko: I am in Idaho & 35% is legal.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been following this post with interest.

My GS300 is a 93, pearl gray, and in beautiful shape. I think I would like to get a tint in that kind of bronze or whatever warm color it's called, and am surprised at the low prices I see talked about. I know nothing about tints except that I surely don't want to get some of that hideous bubbling film I see on some cars... Is there one brand or process that stands out and stands up to time? Any advice or recommendations/knowledge is welcome.

Thanks!

Dennis

I'm in VA, and a guy from Ziebart told me he have to do a cut-around the 3rd break light to make it legal and pass state inspection. I know this will look ugly. Does this sound right? I also have brake light on my oem type spoiler.

I'm in VA, and a guy from Ziebart told me he have to do a cut-around the 3rd break light to make it legal and pass state inspection. I know this will look ugly. Does this sound right? I also have brake light on my oem type spoiler.

Maybe in VA you might have to cut around it but since you already have a brake light on the spoiler there's no need to cut it...

Hi guys,

i got the tints done and they look great.....i desided to do 20% all around,

even though 35% front is legal here, i said F*ck it, "You can win if you dont play " SO....with that if i get pulled over 3 times i will put 35% in the front!!

Thanks for all the great help i was giving.... I AM TRUELY HAPPY

:D B) i only paid $100 too..

Bye~