front differential leak

I have a 2014 RX350 with leak on differential passenger side at axle connection. I have replaced the seal #90311-36006 twice and cannot stop leak.

Any suggestions.  

I am not familiar with this seal, Does it need to be pressed in ? Is it in backwards meaning should it be flipped over ? Are you sure the surfaces are clean prior to install. Are the seals OEM Toyota ? I wish I was of more help.

Купить Toyota 90311-36006 (9031136006) Сальник. Цены ...

OEM yes. Installed with seal install tool. Not sure of correct install position, just followed visual of original. I had this exact same problem with a 2010 Highlander rear diff. sold that one to buy this one. Problem did not show up until a 300 mile trip at speed sometimes above 75. It leaks worse after the seal changes. Great vehicle except this problem.

Thanks for the input. I have that exploded view. Lexus dealer trying to be helpful but they wanted over $800 to change this seal and my mechanic had it changed in about one hour for 100 bucks. I thought the dealer amount was way to high.

Moved to the 10-15 RX section in case others in the future have the same issue. 

Realizing this is an older model and subject matter is a cv axle, it's pretty much the same procedure. The dielectric grease is the secret ingredient. I've always used synthetic axle grease but will use dielectric from now on. Apply just a dab and work it in. Applying to the outside helps it seat better. Applying to the inside lessens the friction of the spinning shaft against a soft substance (the rubber seal).

One year it took me 3 seals to figure out "Grease is the word"…… by the 3rd seal I could disassemble the hub assembly areas in 15 minutes. Practice makes perfect I suppose. 

• Like 1