Brake Pads

prfek

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I just replaced my front pads and rotors with Akebono ACT870 and used Centric 12144122 rotors (the non-coated variety because I live in the south).聽 The result was the exact brake feel and performance I wanted.聽 Really impressed -- really made the car that much better.聽 Easy tip in feel and overall modulation, much stronger braking performance than the factory pads and rotors I had, zero noise, no issues with vibrations.聽 Really quite impressed with the Akebono pads and would recommend them to anyone here (with new or refreshed rotors, of course).聽 Not expensive setup either and took me, what, a total of an hour to get done working slow.聽 (Love this caliper design.)聽 Nobody needs "performance pads" on an LS 430... common now.聽 I race cars and laugh at the money people spend on brake pads for their regular daily driver car... you aren't lapping your LS 430 around Road Atlanta and all you're doing is introducing the potential for noise and premature rotor wear.聽 One warning, though, the Akebono pads don't include hardware so be careful with the existing hardware (which is okay to reuse if it's in good shape... don't worry about it).聽 Just be super mindful of the little cotter pin that you need to keep and reinstall.

Edited by sirboom
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1