Tire pressure display

Suddenly the tire pressure indicator on my instrument panel stop showing numbers, only dotted lines. (All four positions)

I tried pressing the reset button under the dashboard, was no help

I contacted Lexus on call Tech-Support but they were of no help.

Anyone have any ideas?

IMG_1350.jpg

• 5 months later...

I believe those sensors need to be replaced every so many years but make sure you first closely follow the owner's manual's instructions to reset. 

What's strange is that it's not popping up the tpms warning icon on the dashboard. I just noticed the psi wasn't displaying when scrolling thru and got to the tpms. And then on a different occasion it did read the pressure. I'll have to get the sensors checked out tomorrow with my Autel

Edited by Lexigrl

16 hours ago, RX400h said:

I believe those sensors need to be replaced every so many years but make sure you first closely follow the owner's manual's instructions to reset. 

no doubt the tire pressure sensors go bad and have to replace eventually, but I doubt they all go bad at the very same time as in my case.

2 hours ago, Lexigrl said:

I would like for the psi to display, but decided this is a rabbit hole I don't want to go into. 

I don't blame you at all for feeling that way. The "fix" is to replace the main tire pressure control module, which is pricey and undoubtedly expensive labor.

First the signal from the sensors goes to the "Receiver Assembly, Door Control & Tire Pressure Monitoring System" ($310) which is buried behind the rear pillar somewhere, and then from there the info goes into even more expensive parts/pieces. And even if the problem is only with the $310 box; you have to tear apart the whole back of the car just to get to it. Nah...I'll check my pressures with my trusty gauge the way we used to do it before the gov't go involved & legislated the stupid systems.

5 hours ago, Lexigrl said:

First the signal from the sensors goes to the "Receiver Assembly, Door Control & Tire Pressure Monitoring System" ($310) which is buried behind the rear pillar somewhere, and then from there the info goes into even more expensive parts/pieces. And even if the problem is only with the $310 box; you have to tear apart the whole back of the car just to get to it. Nah...I'll check my pressures with my trusty gauge the way we used to do it before the gov't go involved & legislated the stupid systems.

I'm not 100% sure on this, but I believe that once you replace the $310 control box, you need to have it programmed to be compatible with the car's ECU.

Anyone have more info about this?

9 hours ago, LennyF said:

I'm not 100% sure on this, but I believe that once you replace the $310 control box, you need to have it programmed to be compatible with the car's ECU.

Anyone have more info about this?

I wouldn't doubt it since the door control is also part of the module. That's why I'm just leaving it alone. the light is not coming on the dashboard. out of sight out of mind.😐

Well....I had no idea how old the tpms sensors that were in car when I got it last week. So while I was getting new tires I had discount tire install new sensors while they were doing the tires anyway, (bought a set of factory Denso's from Amazon). They were able to learn the sensors, and all is well now and display the pressures. Glad I don't have to dig into the tpms system any further. 

The strange thing is that I was able to trigger the old sensors with my Autel TPMS tool. Reading pressure, battery was ok, and the ID's matched what my other scan tool was showing, but they were probably original and 8 yrs. old. But the car was reading all sorts of strange values in live data. I figured that couldn't properly diagnose if the sensors where questionable due to age. We had the whole back of the car tore down to start with the receiver box once the sensors were known new and good. I saw some videos where others have replaced that receiver box and that worked for them. So spent last night putting the interior back together. Hope you can get yours sorted out.