New Lexus Member

Hello Lexus forum members! I recently bought an 06 GS300 awd with a blown head gasket. I was able to get a really good deal on it, along with a good motor. I am getting is put in this week, and should have a nice Lexus. Car is clean inside and out, was well taken care of cosmetic wise. It needs a catalytic convertor, and I thought while I was at it, I would look into making the exhaust have a little more noise. Nothing loud, or even to the point where you can hear it when letting off the gas, just slightly more noise when you lay into it. Any recommendations, please let me know. Also, any other small mods you can think of that you have personally done, and have experience with. Thanks.

Hi Nick, Welcome to the club

It could be a leaking exhaust or a modified one. Best get it checked as sometimes gases can come in to the cabin. Best trick is to place your hand over the end if the exhaust (use gloves) and you will then hear the leak more as the pressure build up.

• 5 months later...

Hey man, welcome to the site. 

Congratz on your purchase. 

I've always been a fan of a pretty stock platform with a few sleeper mods or perhaps factory upgrades. So little things like custom valve stems on the wheels, perhaps a powder coat added to make the factory wheels a wee bit darker, maybe some custom colored logos and things like that. 

One super cool sleeper mod is to get the finish on the car so clean and shiney it looks like a mirror. 

My car has an 8 ball shift knob and checkered floor mats for example. I also had some die-cut gun metal color vinyl decals made to mimic the logos on thevtrunk so instead no logos like many mine are a little lighter than the black paint for a stealth look.

But to make it louder? To me the charm of the GS car is how Toyota spent so much time and energy designing a way to dispipate noises to provide super quiet running engine, and exhaust so when the car is warming up for example you cannot hear it running from 25 feet (unless the hood is raised) so I have no idea what to reccomend to add volume to the exhaust. 

That and the silky smooth shifting transmission are what sold me on the GS300.

F82F5EA6-28C6-422C-B18C-35FF3E9EEE4D.jpeg

5147F532-A742-495F-9E7C-911184EE05B4.jpeg