2007 Rx350 window being smeared from inside door

I'm having a problem with one of the windows being smeared with a rubbery adhesive substance when the window is lowered and raised back up. Soap and water won't touch it, only a petroleum based cleaner/solvent will. Anyone else having this problem?  It's summer here, the weather is hot and the car is black to compound the heat problem.  Not sure how to fix it.

I have never seen that posted here but if you do not want to do this, yourself you may want to have an auto repair shop take a look inside the door to see what is causing the substance to get onto the window.

Hey.

I picked up a used 07 rx400h last year. The front driver side and rear driver side were doing this. I replaced that interior rubber window gasket/liner. I think they were $70 each online. It was an easy job, I found a YouTube video on removing the door panels.  Good luck!

• Like 1

I finally had time to look into the problem and it was indeed the inner wiper that had deteriorated.  The going stuff was the adhesive that holds the "fabric" to the rubber.  I'll have to replace it. 

Just now, JWilliams said:

I finally had time to look into the problem and it was indeed the inner wiper that had deteriorated.  The going stuff was the adhesive that holds the "fabric" to the rubber.  I'll have to replace it. 

Gooey stuff

• 11 months later...