05 RX330 NAP outside Mirror problem

Hello, the Passenger side mirror quit going up/down,even in Reverse, it still works L/R. It has AutoDim, Heat and Memory.

I've been told the problem could be a poor connection, bad mirror motor or the mirror computer.

The Lexus dealer tells me that with my Vin#, the only option is a New Mirror, that they don't sell a mirror motor or actuator for that Vin!!

Anybody else have this problem?

• 2 weeks later...

Have you tried working the switch many times. Sometimes switches that are not used often can corrode (if not gold plated) enough to no longer work.

Another option is to try an auto-electric shop. 

2 hours ago, RX400h said:

Have you tried working the switch many times. Sometimes switches that are not used often can corrode (if not gold plated) enough to no longer work.

Another option is to try an auto-electric shop. 

Yes, I have tried working it many times, and the AutoElectric place near me, doesn't want to fool with it!!

The passenger side mirror will not go "UP OR DOWN".

The next thing I have to do, is to remove the door panel and check for power to the mirror, when the "Up/Down" switch is used.

Lexus has so many Mirror options, Heated,Memory and Auto Dim, that it makes it difficult to find a used one.

Plus there is a Mirror Computer in the door as well. So...lots of possibilities!

But Thank You.

Check the wires at the connector where the harness enters the door. There should be a rubberized cover over the connector clip. Pull that back and check for broken/frayed wires at the connector pins. 

Trouble is at times doing that is like opening the crawl space door of your home after a few years of not doing so…… scarey……point being the folks who produce wire harnesses for a number auto makers don't always pinch the wires properly so there are issues with broken wires at the pin at times.