Went out to start my new UX 250H today and nothing, nothing at all.

Checked voltage of battery after finding it, and it was 12 volts. Before checking battery I tried both keys and nothing, including no "key not present or detected" or whatever it says, just nothing.

But after touching the battery and testing it, the car started and went back to normal.

I will take it to dealer, but has anyone had this experience?

2021 UX 250H

(drove it for a bit, the hybrid battery was at 3 bars and went to 4 after driving a bit)

Also i think the headlights switch was not on auto but on DLR...

Will the headlights stay on indefinitely if you leave them on and not on auto? Will they be turned off in a few minutes if you accidentally leave them on? Since the battery tested good I dont think this had anything to do with it, but I need to know for future use.  Per manual NO they go off after 20 minutes.

I wish I knew what it was, the only other thing is it WAS in Park but maybe not perfectly?  I jiggled that after a while.

If your battery were drained from the headlights being on, you wouldn't have been able to start the engine by just touching the battery terminals.

You may want to try to rotate each battery cable clamp to see if it rotates on the battery terminal. If it does, that may explain the no-start condition.
You can tighten each clamp with a box end wrench but you have to be careful that you don't also touch a grounded object while touching or tightening the positive terminal clamp.  

12 hours ago, RX400h said:

If your battery were drained from the headlights being on, you wouldn't have been able to start the engine by just touching the battery terminals.

You may want to try to rotate each battery cable clamp to see if it rotates on the battery terminal. If it does, that may explain the no-start condition.
You can tighten each clamp with a box end wrench but you have to be careful that you don't also touch a grounded object while touching or tightening the positive terminal clamp.  

Thanks...

• 2 weeks later...

My bet is that it is. Every so often a bad battery rears its ugly head. Thankfully, they are few and far between these days.

• Like 1