• 7 months later...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Hey, I found this on another forum.  Lexus issued this Technical Service Bulletin for this issue on 2019s, though neither they, nor dealers are quick to tell you about it.  This calls for replacement of an amplifier with an updated version.  I just had mine done and there is a noticeable improvement. 

If for some reason this attachment doesn't work, the TSB # is L-SB-0020-20

L-SB-0020-20 (1).pdf

Edited by WoodyF3
Include model year

• 10 months later...
On 10/26/2022 at 1:07 PM, WoodyF3 said:

Hey, I found this on another forum.  Lexus issued this Technical Service Bulletin for this issue on 2019s, though neither they, nor dealers are quick to tell you about it.  This calls for replacement of an amplifier with an updated version.  I just had mine done and there is a noticeable improvement. 

If for some reason this attachment doesn't work, the TSB # is L-SB-0020-20

L-SB-0020-20 (1).pdf 332.34 kB · 3 downloads

Anyone know if this is still an issue on 2021 ES 300h?  I had to fade my sound to the back as it seemed way too low before.

• 2 months later...

Lexus only care about sound system in the cars if they have MarkLevinson audio.

Worth every cent, dime, farthing, penny, whatever.

Sorry!

image.thumb.png.f4f5671221aa9e6414c82141bcc97836.png

If Lexus knew already in 2019 and in 2024 still have not fixed the problem, my coment may not be all that wrong, though it is actually meant tell Lexus to wake up and care for their customers.

Its the first thing I noticed when I sat in the 2024 we were about to buy and listened to the radio. I didn't think much of it at the time, figured it was just a balance setting. I played with the balance after taking delivery but it really did not help.

Edited by Habenero
update

16 minutes ago, Habenero said:

Its the first thing I noticed when I sat in the 2024 we were about to buy and listened to the radio. I didn't think much of it at the time, figured it was just a balance setting. I played with the balance after taking delivery but it really did not help.

It really is strange that Lexus is not fixing a rather simple, and for them,  inexpensive thing, in order to have happy customers. 

But as Toyota here is showing very clear with not having one Lexus in the showroom, only all the new Toyota's; Lexus is on its way out. If Toyota then get same quality I do not mind. The badge means nothing, but the built-quality does. The MR2 first edition and the MR2 Spyder were exiting cars where the 3.0L Supra Targa from 1985 was a stinker that should never have been made. Too bad, when I bought it, it was raining and did not try it without the roof part. Without the roof part that car was only good when parked.

Latest Prius is not at all bad to sit on the rear seat in. Prius is one of the taxi cars here. 

I adjusted the Balance setting so that it was heavily biased towards the rear speakers, a slight tick away from 100% rear. What a difference!

The speakers behind the front doors sprang to life and the whole system sounded way better.

I'm no audiophile (even after working for Bose!) but it sounds great.

I cannot believe how non-linear the adjustment balance is for the rear.