How to mod 2nd gen GS exterior but not ruin looks or ride quality

I recently purchased a 2000 lexus GS300. I'm knocking out some rust soon so I'm gonna clean it up and move on to making it look better. I personally believe they don't look the best how they come. Usually I like the way stock cars look and the clean appearance. This one I'd prefer but I'm not looking for attention. 

For starts I was thinking about vinyl wrapping the chrome for starts because it doesn't really fit it to me. 

Im open to wheel suggestions that look clean fit right and don't catch for attention. I do a lot of driving, and a personal rule I follow is to keep your cars quiet and clean looking to avoid law enforcements bias. 

Open to all opinions somewhat relevant to the topic so no chrome 22"s. If you have an example of yours, I'm excited to see

Snapchat-1110931416.jpg

Snapchat-702267702.jpg

Welcome to the site Ethan. I'm on board with your idea to de-chrome the chrome. Something like gun metal would reduce the bling without becoming just another blacked out black car. 

My son put 18" wheels on his Aristo that are some kind of slightly gray instead of the standard alloy look. Pretty stealth mod actually. 

34EA06EC-B0B7-4B30-84DD-5B542C7C8FD9.thumb.jpeg.7720e6cf71ea595d90c832a502888ee8.jpeg

I'll ask him what car they came from. 

I removed the logos from my trunk and plan on having some charcoal flat black die cast decals made to replace them. 

But first off get that glass look going. A good polish and a super shine will be the best mod you can do. 

35A58EAF-2F94-4B0D-8FD9-A4EF300CEFC4.jpeg