Need Help With Hybrid System 07 RX400h

Had this Lexus for a couple of years. All of a sudden it dies while driving. We limp it home. Now it won’t drive more than a couple of feet before throwing a “check hybrid system” message. 

I have replaced the big hybrid battery, same issue. 12V battery replaced, same issue. I know a good amount about hybrid batteries, just never had this issue with a Prius. Checked all hybrid fuses. 

Dealership had it for 6 labor hours, couldn’t figure it out. Literally had no idea what was going on. 

it gets these codes: 

P0A80 replace battery pack 

P0AF8 Hybrid Battery System Voltage

P3000 Battery Control System

EMPS gets this code

C1568 DC DC Converter

Interesting things: since it died, haven’t heard engine turn on at all. Seems like it’s not charging the hybrid battery. Makes me thing it’s the inverter in the engine bay that needs replaced? 

After it dies, it locks up and can’t be moved (like it’s stuck in a gear). Even when you put it in neutral it won’t move.

yet another weird thing  the shifter is hard to go into gears sometimes, mainly Park and B. When I was trying to read codes it gets difficult for the scanner to access the computer. You have to mess around with the shifter for it to link.

is this an engine issue, inverter issue, ECU? Inverter module? Tranny? I have no idea and I’m not ready to start throwing parts at it yet  

shows hybrid battery voltage at zero too on my scanner  

any help please!!! 

Jason, did your dealership check whether all updates were completed?

2006-2008 RX400h ESSENTIAL RECALL - Engine dies, total system failure, "Check Hybrid System" + Engine Light - 04 - 09 Lexus RX330 / RX350 / RX400h - Lexus Owners Club of North America

Was your vehicle in an accident that required anything to be replaced?
Since you are not the original owner, is there any way you can contact the original owner or most previous owner? Perhaps he or she has insight as to what may be the cause.
I find it hard to believe that the dealership has no clue. If all else fails, it may be worth having your car towed to a different dealership after you call Lexus corporate to voice your grievances.

You know that recall really sounds like that could be the issue. I initially thought it was the inverter but don’t have enough info to pinpoint it. I called Toyota and they said all three recalls were already completed (although none of the recalls they mentioned had to do with the inverter).

Anyone ever experience this issue? 

Britrom is the owner who originally posted this warning. His post is the third one from the top of this page. You may want to contact him.