How to disable Rear Door Remote control release

I only want my remote to unlock and lock doors, NOT to release/open the back door.

I want to avoid ruining my Lexus rear door if I accidentally open the rear door with the wrong push of my remote.

If I then open/close my automatic garage door by mistake, there goes the door, paint scratched and dents galore!

Thanks!

Do you ever want to remotely open the rear door? Just not be able to while in the garage? 

You could alter the fob perhaps so that the button no longer works as easily,  like placing some kind of glue around the button to make it really hard to press.

How long does it have to be pressed down to work? Looking at pictures of various RX key fobs it appears you have to hold down the button to activate it. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Bykfixer said:

Hi Mike in VA. The glue/tape idea just won't work.

The length of time the button activates the rear door is approx 3 seconds.  Perhaps under the LPS (see next Paragraph), this time can be extended to 10 seconds, for example.

I know there is some way to program the car's functions, but the remote itself? The next person in this queue says to look up the LPS settings. Um, huh? OH, 'Lexus Personalize Settings.' I remember reading about these, I was hoping to avoid reading the 500 page manual. LOL! OK, here goes.....

Here's an online shortcut I think: http://www.lexus.com/pdf/service/14IS250-350-WithNavi-customer.pdf

23 hours ago, Bykfixer said:

Do you ever want to remotely open the rear door? Just not be able to while in the garage? 

You could alter the fob perhaps so that the button no longer works as easily,  like placing some kind of glue around the button to make it really hard to press.

How long does it have to be pressed down to work? Looking at pictures of various RX key fobs it appears you have to hold down the button to activate it. 

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

How can I make the rear door of my Lexus RX 350 operate manually only disabling the power assist?

We have a dog in the back of the car and worry about it getting caught as the door closes- sensor notwithstanding.

Thanks for any help.