Small amount Oil Leaking from Spark Plug Boots

Blaiser

Just had my nephew put a new timing belt kit on my 2002 Lexus SC430 - replaced valve cover gaskets and Spark Plug "O-Rings" with Lexus factory gasket kit. After install I'm getting a slight leak from the Spark Plug Boots that is running out around the boots and down the rail and onto the Driver Side Exhaust and it;s starting to smoke from hitting the exhaust pipe - what could be the cause? Thinking Worn Old Spark Plug Boots?  Please let me know what you guys think

Yes, All replaced with factory OEM O-Rings and Gaskets - looks like oil coming from between spark plug boot and 0"ring laying on rail then when car is in motion air blowing the oil along rail and onto the driver side manifold.

• 3 months later...

Recently had a similar issue: minor leak from valve cover gasket creating fumes. Found out that one quick fix would consist of simply tightening the nuts holding the cover. Somehow some of them became loose over the years creating this very minor leak. Either way replaced only one gasket and decided not to replace any other gasket upon inspecting the gaskets and noticing that they were in "excellent" shape. This to prevent complications as it happened here. Good luck, probably one of those may have dirt stuck creating a minor gap or so...