Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My mind reader skills strangely coincide with how much caffiene is in my morning coffee. Well, since switching to decaf my mind reading skills are on vacation. 

What turns on and off? 

If it is the Engine Management System light then this could also trigger the ABS and Traction Control as the engine control system has an issue and this will also affect the ability of the other two systems to operate efficiently, hence they would also go offline until the problem resolves.

Could be a simple issue such as a sensor reading is slightly off from the norm.

8 hours ago, Bykfixer said:

My mind reader skills strangely coincide with how much caffiene is in my morning coffee. Well, since switching to decaf my mind reading skills are on vacation. 

What turns on and off? 

VSC, ABS & maintenance required light comes on once in awhile. Stays off for days then comes on for a few hours to go away by the next day

4 hours ago, Lexus Owners Club said:

If it is the Engine Management System light then this could also trigger the ABS and Traction Control as the engine control system has an issue and this will also affect the ability of the other two systems to operate efficiently, hence they would also go offline until the problem resolves.

Could be a simple issue such as a sensor reading is slightly off from the norm.

Which sensor should I be looking at?

You need to know which code your system sees that causes the check engine light to illuminate. 

Many auto parts stores will read the code for you and give you a tip on what it means. From there you will know if it's an issue with a sensor, perhaps an 02 sensor for example. Or it may be the catalytic convertor efficiency is just barely out of speck and the computer decides at times to light the lamp.

• Like 1
On 4/23/2021 at 10:44 PM, Bykfixer said:

You need to know which code your system sees that causes the check engine light to illuminate. 

Many auto parts stores will read the code for you and give you a tip on what it means. From there you will know if it's an issue with a sensor, perhaps an 02 sensor for example. Or it may be the catalytic convertor efficiency is just barely out of speck and the computer decides at times to light the lamp.

Agree!!  Code reader all the way, at least it will narrow down the possibilities and allow accurate assessment of which sensor is at fault rather than guessing and expensive replacement parts