Headlight bulb for my 2009 ES recommendation

babyduke

How clear are the lenses? If they look like glass Sylvania halogen should be good. 

If they aren't clear as glass a 3m headlight restore kit can make your lights seem a lot brighter. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Bykfixer said:

How clear are the lenses? If they look like glass Sylvania halogen should be good. 

If they aren't clear as glass a 3m headlight restore kit can make your lights seem a lot brighter. 

Lenses not very clear. I'll try the 3M like you said then replace with Sylvania.

When the plastic lenses get cloudy it becomes like sticking wax paper over a flashlight. Light still comes out but it is evenly spread out instead of being focused forward by the reflector. 

The thing about using the 3m kit (or other kind) is taping around the light so you don't scratch paint around the lens. It basically starts out as a fairly course sand paper but don't be alarmed as it looks like you are ruining the lens with all those scratches. You use the course paper, then one a bit finer and another even more fine. By the final course you begin to see what looks like magicaly turns your cloudy lens clear again. Many kits are available. Some are meant to be hand sanded while others use a drill, which goes faster and is easier. 

The Rain X kit works well if you don't want to use a drill but the kit is good for one lens. I like the 3m because it uses a supplied drill bit applicator tool and is good for two lenses. 

Please let us know how it works out. 

• Like 1