Navigation External system not connected

luvlexy

Multi-function Nav started acting erratically.  Screen displays variously “check system”, “external system not connected”, "Air Conditioner" "Audio Off" . 

From what I see on the LS430 forum,. I think my Nav assembly needs R and R.  Or maybe an exchange for refurbished.  I was told that an exchange unit would have to be "initialized" to my car by a Lexus dealer or somehow requires an "initializer" device.  Comment, please.  I am anxious to get this working again.

2004 Lexus LS430, Modern Luxury Package incl Mark Levinson Audio/Nav System

Yes, discovered the 4 year old battery had a bad cell.  Thought that may have been the problem.  Replaced with new battery and the symptoms continue unresolved.  

On 4/20/2021 at 11:47 PM, luvlexy said:

Yes, discovered the 4 year old battery had a bad cell.  Thought that may have been the problem.  Replaced with new battery and the symptoms continue unresolved.  

Consider this option. I just ordered one. I’ll let you know how it works out

Did you try to repair or replace the OE headunit?  Were you getting the same intermittent symptoms I have?  

Please let me know right away how the Android headunit works out.  

I have an 01 model. I don't have any issues with my ac or anything as a result of my nav not working. I have a message on the screen saying "no disk detected". I can change the screen around to the other screens, but after a few seconds, or placing it in gear, it go to the nav screen. I just got the car and haven't had a chance to get the nav checked out, main concern is getting it running smooth again and get the air system checked out.