Aftermarket HU/amp

I can't seem to find a clear answer. I have a 99 GS300. I have a double din JVC head unit. I have sound coming out of all speakers, working just fine. I ran the radio harness to the amp harness behind the glovebox. Replaced old sub with a pioneer. I have a JL audio amp. Can I just leave the factory amp unplugged an run my JL amp straight to my head unit with RCA wires an it work fine? I've never been more confused on hooking up a system before in my life. Any answers would be appreciated 

Welcome aboard Zambie. 

Without knowing the specifics about your JVC head unit I would say yes you can simply tie your amp to the head unit and be good to go. 

Without knowing the specifics of your JL amp I cannot say for certain every speaker and the subwoofer would work though. 

Some use a 4 channel amp where the front speakers are powered by 2 channels, the sub powered by the other two (being bridged into one) and let the head unit drive the rear speakers.

If you prefer your soundstage to be from the rear use the amp to drive rear speakers and head unit the front speakers. 

• Like 1

Just finished installing everything today. Used the amps harness to plug into the cd player harness. Spliced the accessories wire into the grey wire from the cars stock radio harness. Ran my remote wire to the cars antenna wire. Ran my rca wires to the cd player. Works perfect 

• Like 1