Used 2017 RX350: What to look for

I'm looking at a Used 2017 Lexus RX350 AWD with 16K miles on it (specs attached.)  I have not actually seen it in person as it is some distance away.

I will have a PPI prior to any final purchase, but what are some of the bugs I should look for on my own as a non-mechanical person? I may not have asked the question right, so please prompt me.

Thanks in advance.

2017 Lexus RX350 Specs - 2T2BZMCA5HC056927.pdf

I suppose if it is a hybrid then ensure that they have carried out a hybrid health check to make sure the batteries are in first class condition and capacity is not compromised by lack of use during any lockdown period.
Otherwise, they are generally superb vehicles and you shouldn't have any problem as long as it also comes with a dealer and/or manufacturer warranty

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Lexus Owners Club said:

I suppose if it is a hybrid then ensure that they have carried out a hybrid health check to make sure the batteries are in first class condition and capacity is not compromised by lack of use during any lockdown period.
Otherwise, they are generally superb vehicles and you shouldn't have any problem as long as it also comes with a dealer and/or manufacturer warranty

Thanks.  Non-Hybrid and comes with no warranty. I know the PPI will point out any major mechanical things, but not sure what it would pick up related to the internal electronics like the NAV, etc.  

Check to see if there are any maintenance records for oil and engine oil, filter, and cabin air filter replacements.

• Thanks 1

The fact that it has 18" tires means it was not the high priced model with all the bells and whistles offered on the Lexus Bread and Butter model, as they choose to call it.

So, there is less options to go bad in the next 10 years.  20" tires are incompatible in areas that have a lot of high profile curbs that can tear up your fancy rims.

And you have more rubber between the rim and the road with 18" tires.  If it's a lease car, the records are at the dealership.  I still avoid lease cars. I look at them as rentals with 3 years on the contract instead of 3 days.  I look for cars that did not spend 24/7 ouside of a garage. You can tell because the Sun takes a toll on vinyl and rubber parts.  Commuter vehicles spend every work day in the sun.  Retired people go out for brief periods like I do and put the RX-350 back in the hanger.

Just some thoughts...

• Thanks 1

Thanks for your direction.

Actually, according to the attached specs in the OP, they are 20" tires. The car had its 30K service (and a bunch of inspections) in Aug 2020 at 12K miles.

If the owner is retired, it'd be best if he or she took the vehicle out for a 15 mile+ spin at least every week. That's what we do. Vehicles with lots of electronics do not take well to sitting for long periods of time. 

Right, Dave!  The only way I would stay at home more than one day is if it's raining and I don't want to wash the RX.

Having a 70 MPH expressway within a mile is just what the doc ordered to keep the 350 running like a Texas Jack Rabbit.