Since the beginning of ownership, 4 months ago, my Lexus has been showing lights on the dash for:

VSC, have checked by dealer

Check engine

Traction control off

I would scan my car with your normal scan tool and it would read "camshaft position A actuator circuit". I ended up replacing both the sensor and solenoid on bank A. Neither of those things fixed the issue. $700 later, I replaced the timing control motor. More power, no lights and no issues. Passed inspection.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 4/5/2021 at 3:06 AM, MR.SMITH said:

Since the beginning of ownership, 4 months ago, my Lexus has been showing lights on the dash for:

VSC, have checked by dealer

Check engine

Traction control off

I would scan my car with your normal scan tool and it would read "camshaft position A actuator circuit". I ended up replacing both the sensor and solenoid on bank A. Neither of those things fixed the issue. $700 later, I replaced the timing control motor. More power, no lights and no issues. Passed inspection.

Good learning

Do you think if you had scanned with an advanced tool it might have saved you some money?