Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi  Bought this 2008 rx400h last year.  Don't drive it alot and battery goes dead after 4-5 days.  Had battery and charging system checked, are good.  Terminals clean and tight. Has lexus battery in it.  Lexus report showed battery replaced multiple times in the past, thought because not driven much, now see this is a hybrid problem.  Currently disconnect battery when not going to go anywhere.  Thinking of getting quick disconnect, used one before, worked good.  Anyone ever find an easier fix for this?  Thanks

Did you take it in to the dealership to have them check it out? Your vehicle should be able to sit for 2 weeks. I'm hoping they didn't tell you otherwise. There could be a light that is not turning off if it is not LED. 

Hi,  when I bought this from a lexus dealer they told me it wasn't driven enough to keep battery charged.  When I drive 3-4 days in a row and let it sit for 3-4 days still goes dead. Will talk to dealership again but not expecting much help.   thanks for suggestions    mike

One possible solution for keeping your battery happy is to connect a battery charger when car is not in use for several days. 
I have a 2006 RX400h with over 400k km’s on it without any problems. One time there was a power failure when outside temp was -27C and I took my RX in warm garage after a short drive. All gauges and warning lights went crazy. Battery voltage was dropped to 8 volts. After an hour in warm garage all was well. 
I am really happy with my RX400h. Sunfoof drive belt is only thing that has broken.