2017 LX - Engine Noise

I’ve had this noise problem for a couple years now. My dealership changed the lifters last year Aug but noise is back again 🤦🏻‍♀️
Has anyone heard this before? You hear like a clicking sound after initial crank

Help pls.  To date, I’m not getting anywhere at my dealership.

I hate the phrases “it’s normal” or “I’m not hear what you’re talking about” 😡. I drive my car every single day and never heard this noise when I first purchased it brand new!!! You own and drive your car daily... You would know any differences, right?! 🤦🏻‍♀️

Hi Barbara Ann.....welcome to the Club

It sounds like the hydraulic lifters are starved of oil on start up.
If the oil cannot fill them instantly or they are draining down easily then I would change the oil to a lighter weight grade and see how you get on with this.
Also have the oil filter changed at the same time for a genuine Lexus part.
Ensure the oil is as good as you can get (e.g. Mobil1, Castrol, etc)

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Lexus Owners Club said:

Hi Barbara Ann.....welcome to the Club

It sounds like the hydraulic lifters are starved of oil on start up.
If the oil cannot fill them instantly or they are draining down easily then I would change the oil to a lighter weight grade and see how you get on with this.
Also have the oil filter changed at the same time for a genuine Lexus part.
Ensure the oil is as good as you can get (e.g. Mobil1, Castrol, etc)

Hi 🙋🏻‍♀️ thank you for your response. 
According to my dealership they changed out my lifters last year August. When I got the car back the engine sounded good no clicking noise and I was happy until about a month ago. I started hearing it again 🤦🏻‍♀️
I see your suggestion to try a lighter weight grade oil and was wondering if where I live, weather wise, makes a difference on what weight to use? I live on the island of Guam and we only have two types of weather here. Sunny (mostly)☀️ and rainy 🌧.  Would you know of any recalls to this issue?

Thank you 🙏🏽 again for the response 👍🏽