Back Up Sensors

Kansas GX470

My backup sensors have always beeped intermittently (whether there was something behind me or not) but since I added a hitch, one sensor has gone mad.  My GX beeps all of the time when in reverse.  I think I figured out which sensor it is.

I am really good with disconnecting the whole system.  Can I just cut the wire to the bad sensor or will this send the system in orbit?  If not one, can I just disconnect them all at a connection or just cut the wires?  

Thanks ahead of time for your input.  You may keep me from going crazy.

That's an interesting one!
As the problem appears to be caused by the tow hitch being there and being sensed by the system, I think I would be tempted to remove the sensor and fit it the other side of the bumper and then just blanking the hole if it can be seen?

If this resolves the issue then you could find a cheap or defective sensor to plug the hole and put the look back to original

Getting to the sensor now, from the backside, is pretty impossible.  It would have been hard before now the hitch is in the way.  

On a different forum, someone thought it was an aftermarket system as they didnt install parking sensors on the GX470.