2016 LX570 Sideview Mirror issues

DaveTex2021

The driver sideview mirror on my 2016 LX570 quit folding all of the sudden (passenger side still good).  Coincidentally, the actual mirror lens adjustment quit as well (probably simultaneously but hard to say since I don’t adjust the mirror daily like the folding mechanism but it worked recently).  Based on my research, it seems these 2 motors are independent of each other. I’ve seen kits online and videos to replace the folding motor part, but I’m suspicious that maybe it’s a bad wire or something that is causing both motors to fail rather than the motors themselves. Any insights? Thanks.  Just trying to rule out all of the other possibilities before diving into a motor or motors replacement.

Hi....welcome to the Club

I would check the wiring and indeed if there is an independent fuse for that circuit.

There are different motors in the mirror assembly for lens adjust and also folding mechanism.
Maybe if you pull the trim off and start the process of removing the mirror but first look at the wiring, especially any common earth points which could be corroded

Let us know how you get on with it all

• 4 weeks later...

I finally caved and took it to the shop. They “reset the computer” and the lens adjustment and folding mechanisms started working again. After reading several posts about side mirror issues that said the dealer would charge somewhere around $1500 to replace the entire side view mirror rather than fix a failing motor I was more than happy to pay $150 for the computer reset. Hope this helps someone if you encounter the same issue.

• Like 1