Pulling The Ecu Fuse To Reset The Computer.

HI im installing a new highflow air filter (k&n) and want to reset my ecu

where is the ecu fuse for the car's computer located?

and the name of the fuse

thanks.:chairshot:

to reset the computer i usually just pull off the negative terminal, listen for the clicks and then put it back on.

It should be in the fuse box on the passenger side of the engine bay near the strut tower. You are looking to pull the ECU-B fuse.

Just so that it does not surprise you, you will lose the radio presets and seat memory settings too.

is that nessesary when chaning the filter to K&N , because i already changed it and did not reset the ECU

so if its better then ill do it too.

When you are changing components that may affect how the engine behaves, it is always good to reset the ECU for it to adapt to the changes. Supposedly, the K&N increases airflow at the intake. I'm not sure how much this increase is but it would not hurt to reset the ECU.

is that nessesary when chaning the filter to K&N , because i already changed it and did not reset the ECU

so if its better then ill do it too.

its not 100% nessesary but it does help the ecu to recalibrate things quicker i belive i did this all the time when i was BPU+ on my supra tt ..